Low carb gluten free Salad with octopus and potatoes will attract the attention and interest of all those present at the table. And especially it will be to the taste of those who are not indifferent to seafood. This is one of the classic Italian salads of famous Mediterranean diet.
OCTOPUS SALAD RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 Mini octopuses (2 x 250g)
- 120 g Cherry tomatoes
- 300 g Young Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery branch
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Green hot pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- Peppercorns mixture
- Clean the octopuses. Remove beak and eyes. Clean the head. Rinse thoroughly under running water, pay special attention to the suction cups on the tentacles, they have a lot of sand.
- Peel the carrot, garlic and onion. Cut the onion in half. Wash the celery. Put in a saucepan with water, add bay leaf and peppercorns mixture (slightly crush the pepper with a knife blade).
- Dip the tentacles of the octopus in the boiling water 4-5 times. They will twist into spirals. It does not change their taste, but they will become more beautiful. Then dip the octopus completely into the water. Repeat for the second octopus. Cook 12 minutes
- The formula for calculating the cooking time is: For every kilogram of weight 40 minutes to cook. So, in our case it is 10-12 minutes. Add salt a couple of minutes before the end of cooking . Check if the octopus is ready, the meat should be easily pierced with a fork. Take out the octopuses, preserving broth. Cut octopuses, separating the head and cut it lengthwise. Split the tentacles with a knife.
- Cook potatoes in broth. It will take from 15 to 25 minutes, depending from the type of potatoes. Prepare a side dish by cutting tomatoes, lemon and potatoes in half.
- Heat the olive oil, put onion and carrot from the broth, add green hot pepper, garlic and lemon. Cook for 2-3 minutes. The oil will gain flavor, then remove the side dish onto the plate.
- Add potatoes in flavored oil, then add the octopuses. Salt. Cook until golden brown. Add tomatoes and olives, after a minute return the garnish to the pan, cook 2 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Use frozen octopuses, they are sold cleaned. Even fresh octopuses are recommended to freeze for 24 hours (after cleaning).
- If you use an adult octopus (more than 1 kg), it wil be necessary to clean the octopus from the skin and suckers after cooking.
- You can add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to the boiling water, which will give the octopuses a beautiful reddish tint.