Italian easy chicken breast recipe Scallopini with lemon sauce – Scaloppini Picata – a quick and easy chicken dish of mediterranean diet. Scaloppine (in English usage scaloppini; sometimes scallopini) is a type of Italian dish that consists of thinly sliced meat, in one of a variety of sauces
CHICKEN BREAST SCALLOPINI RECIPE
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 600 g Chicken Breast
- 100 g Flour
- 100 ml White wine
- 100 ml of water (or chicken broth)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Capers (optional)
- Black pepper
- Cut the breast into 2 parts. Slice each part into 3 thin scaloppini (approximately 100g each). Roll the scaloppini in flour.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add lemon wedges, capers and scaloppini. Cook for 2 minutes, turn over.
- Pour 25 ml of white wine, add salt and pepper. Cook the scaloppini for another 2 minutes. Remove cooked scaloppini, lemons and capers on a plate. Remove the remaining sauce, set aside.
- Wipe the pan, cook the remaining 3 scaloppini as described above. Remove the finished scaloppini on the plate.
- Cooking the sauce. Return all sauce to the pan, add 2 slices of lemon, a few capers and two tablespoons of flour. Fry the flour over medium heat, stirring continuously with a spatula. Pour the remaining wine. Bring to a boil and add water (or broth), bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes, reducing the sauce in half . Salt, pepper. Return scaloppini to the pan, warm in the sauce for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- You can use veal (fillet), after tenderizing.
- We served scaloppini with sweet potato purée. They are perfectly combined with mashed potatoes or with saffron and parmesan risotto.