Beautiful meringue cake with dark chocolate and flamed cherries. Meringue is the famous Pavlova meringue cake. We added black chocolate to create beautiful marble patterns.
PAVLOVA CHOCOLATE & CHERRIES RECIPE
Ingredients for Meringue
- 4 Egg whites
- 240 g Sugar
- 30 g of Starch
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 50 g Chocolate
Ingredients for the Cream & Cherries
- 50 g Cream cheese (as Philadelphia)
- 1/2 pack Vanilla sugar
- 100 ml Whipping cream
- 30 g Sugar
- 300 g Canned cherries
- 20 ml Brandy
- 50 g Sugar
1. Making the meringue
- Put a sheet of baking paper on the table and draw on it a circle of the required size (20-25 cm). Turn the paper pattern down and lightly glue to the baking pan with butter.
- Separate the yolks and whites. Eggs should be at room temperature. Remove the yolks, we do not need them. Beat the whites into a dense foam. Gradually add sugar in three parts, continuing to beat the whites for 2-3 minutes between additions.
- Gently add vinegar. Continue to beat for about 10-15 minutes; the meringue should become dense and porous. Remove the mixer.
- Sift starch into whipped whites. Stir well with a spatula, move it upwards so that the whipped whites do not settle down.
- Put the meringue on the baking pan, keeping to the marked line. Don’t worry about making the edges perfectly straight; actually make them a bit irregular.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Important: boiling water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Let the chocolate cool.
- Pour the chocolate on the meringue in a thin stream with spiral movements.
- Create a marble pattern and waves with a fork on the surface of the meringue.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes at 120°C at central level. When the cake is ready, turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool in the oven with open door for at least an hour.
2. Making the cherries
- Drain the cherries. Put the cherries in a pre-heated pan. Fry, stirring, on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, slightly reduce heat. Fry, stirring, to dissolve the sugar, then pour the brandy and set on fire. Gently shake the pan so that the cherries will roll over. Cook until the flame goes out. Allow to cool, drain excess fluid.
- [BE CAREFUL WITH OPEN FIRE! DO NOT LIGHT UNDER RANGE HOOD OR OTHER APPLIANCES FOR RISK OF FIRE, MAKE SURE THE AREA OVER THE PAN IS CLEAR. KEEP A LID CLOSE BY TO COVER THE PAN AND CHOKE THE FLAME IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG. DO NOT DO WHEN SMALL CHILDREN ARE AROUND, IT MIGHT BE DANGEROUS]. If you are not sure, just pour the brandy and let it evaporate.
3. Making the cream
- Mix creamy cheese with vanilla sugar in a bowl. Separately, beat the whipping cream with sugar, in a cold bowl. Add creamy cheese, stir well.
- Put the cream on the top of finished cake. Put the cherries on the cream, pour the juice obtained from cooked cherries.
- Decorate with chocolate petals or chocolate chips.
- The whites should be at room temperature.
- Instead of apple vinegar you can use white vinegar
- Meringue can be cooked in the evening before and left to cool in the oven