Easy and tasty apple cake recipe to make at home. Make an apple pie with beautiful chess pattern for the family dinner.
APPLE CAKE RECIPE
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 125 g Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 125 g brown Sugar
- 250 g Plain flour
- 800 g Apples (5 apples)
- 1 bag of baking powder* (see the notes below)
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon
- Cut butter into cubes. Mix butter with sugar, add vanilla sugar and stir well. Add the eggs one by one. Eggs should be at room temperature, add the next egg only when the previous one is already well mixed.
- Add lemon zest. Stir well.
- Sift the flour twice. Add baking powder and a pinch of salt to the flour. Add flour to the dough, stir to make a smooth consistency.
- Put a piece of baking paper on a baking sheet. Grease sheet and form (23x23cm) with butter, sprinkle with 2 tbsp of flour. Pour the dough on a baking sheet, smoothen with a spatula.
- Cut the apples into slices. Put the apples in the dough, making a chess pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes at 175C.
- Check the readiness with a toothpick.
* A bag of baking powder means that you must see the instruction on the pack. In my country we have 2 types of baking powder: 1 bag for 500 g of flour (11g of powder in the bag), and 1 bag for 200 g of flour (11 g of powder in the bag), In this recipe we use 250 g of flour, so we need about 1/2 of the bag of first type (500/2=250 g of flour) ~ 6 g of baking powder. And we need 1 bag and 1/4 for the second type of baking powder (200/4=50+200=250 g of flour) in will be about ~14 g of baking powder.