Tasty snack with cheese, with ham and eggplant – simple recipe, inspired by French Cordon Bleu recipe. Easy to make – quick snack for a family dinner, picnic or party menu. A proven step-by-step recipe from Black Pepper.
EGGPLANT SNACK RECIPE
Ingredients (4 snacks)
- 1 Eggplant (~ 240g)
- 100 g of Ham
- 100 g of Cheese (Emmental)
- Salt, Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g of Plain Flour
- 120 g of Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Cut the eggplant into thin (5 mm) slices. Salt and leave for 30 minutes in a colander.
- Slice ham and cheese.
- Rinse the eggplant slices with water and dry on a paper towel.
- Put ham on a slice of eggplant, then put cheese, add ham and cover with eggplant. Salt, pepper and roll in flour.
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl, and then dip the sandwiches in it. After, roll in breadcrumbs on all sides. If necessary, repeat the last 2 steps.
- Fry on low heat in large quantities of vegetable oil. Turn over and fry on the other side. Put on paper towel, salt. Serve hot.
- For ham and cheese, we used a metal round shape of the same size as eggplant. But you can cut it into square or any other shape.
- Breaded cordon bleu can be stored in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Cooked sandwiches can be cooled, cut into 4 pieces and served at table as a snack or antipasto