Risotto with shrimp and zucchini in creamy sauce is a light and surprisingly tasty recipe, which will appeal to all lovers of Italian cuisine. Risotto with seafood and vegetables is one of the dishes for which the Mediterranean diet is famous. We will tell you how to cook real Italian risotto at home step-by step. Proven recipe of risotto with shrimp in cream sauce from Black Pepper Chef .
RISOTTO SHRIMP & ZUCCHINI RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 300 g Shrimp unpeeled prawns
- 160 g Rice (Carnaroli)
- 50 ml White wine
- 1 Onion
- Black Pepper
- 25 + 25 gr of Butter
- 50 gr of grated Parmesan
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery
- 30 ml of Brandy
- 200 ml of fresh Cream
- 2 Shallot onions
1. Cleaning the shrimp
- Peel the shrimp, separate the heads, remove the shell, keeping the last scale, remove the insides through a small incision on the back. Save heads and shells for making risotto sauce.
2. Making creamy shrimp sauce
- Peel and chop the carrots, celery and shallots into large pieces.
- Crush 1 clove of garlic with a knife blade, without peeling.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add shells and shrimp heads, fry them on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Salt, pepper.
- Add 25 gr.of butter and increase the heat for 3-4 minutes. All ingredients must be roasted. Add brandy and set on fire. [BE CAREFUL WITH OPEN FIRE! DO NOT LIGHT UNDER RANGE HOOD OR OTHER APPLIANCES FOR RISK OF FIRE, MAKE SURE THE AREA OVER THE PAN IS CLEAR. KEEP A LID CLOSE BY TO COVER THE PAN AND CHOKE THE FLAME IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG. DO NOT DO WHEN SMALL CHILDREN ARE AROUND, IT MIGHT BE DANGEROUS]. If you are not sure, just add brandy to the pan and let it evaporate.
- As soon as the flame goes out, add cream, bring to a boil and reduce the fire. Simmer, stirring for 10-15 minutes, until the cream thickens. Strain, save the sauce.
3. Making risotto
- Cut 4-5 shrimp tails into pieces.
- Peel zucchini from seeds, cut into slices.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add zucchini, mix. Fry for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Peel the onions and cut into small cubes. Crush the second clove of garlic.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Stew for 2 minutes, stirring slowly over low heat. Add rice, remove the garlic. Fry rice to transparency, add white wine. Evaporate all the liquid from the pan then add water. Cook the rice about 18 minutes, stirring constantly, adding water each time the entire liquid is evaporated. After that, add the creamy sauce, mix. Turn off the fire. Add 25 g of butter and grated parmesan cheese, mix. Rice should not be dry.
- Add shrimp with zucchini, mix (set aside a couple of tails to decorate the plate). Serve immediately.