Baked whole hake fish in foil with vegetables. Exceptionally delicious diet recipe of oven fish and vegetables. Try this amazing baked fish in foil recipe for a delicious, healthy dish, full of wonderful flavors.
BAKED FISH & VEGETABLES RECIPE
- 1 Hake with the head (~ 500 g)
- 30 ml White Wine
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Tomato
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 small Sweet Potato
- 10 Sprigs of Cabbage Romanesco
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1 small Onion
- Olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Thyme
1. Preparing the fish
- Wash the fish, remove the gills.
- Close the cavity with wooden toothpicks. Cut off the fins. With a very sharp knife, make an incision along the dorsal fin on the right and left.
- Carefully cut off the meat from the bones and separate the spine of the fish. Cut the spine with scissors near the head and tail.
2. Preparing the vegetables
- Cut the tomato into thin slices. Finely chop the garlic clove. Chop the onion into slices.
- Cut zucchini, carrot and sweet potato into long slices using a vegetable peeler.
- Clean bell peppers from the core and seeds, cut into sticks.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl, salt well, pour the olive oil and mix gently.
3. Cooking the fish and garnish
- Place a large sheet of baking foil on a baking sheet. Cut the lemon into slices. Put lemons on the foil. Put the fish on the lemons – the fish should not touch the foil, otherwise it can burn. Salt and pepper the fish, sprinkle with garlic and thyme, and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put the vegetables on the fish in random order, alternating slices and rolls of vegetables – from the larger ones at the head, to the smaller ones to the tail.
- Pour the white wine on the foil, carefully wrap the fish in the foil. Bake fish for 20 minutes at 240C. Open the foil, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Use spatulas to move the finished fish on the plate. Do not forget to remove toothpicks when cutting fish into portions.