Cheesy snack sandwich with mozzarella, tomatoes, with olives and bell peppers. This authentic Italian street-food “Mozzarella in carrozza” recipe is ideal for picnic or party menu.
SANDWICH WITH MOZZARELLA RECIPE
Ingredients (for 3 snacks)
- 6 slices of toast bread
- 3 mozzarella (each 125 g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 200 g tomatoes cherry
- 50 g black pitted olives
- 10 basil leaves
- Cut mozzarella into thin slices. Put on a paper towel, put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Bake peppers in oven to 180С for 20-30 minutes. Wrap in aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Remove the stems, skins, seeds. Dice the peppers.
- Cut tomatoes into 4 parts. Remove the seeds with a sharp knife.
- Cut the olives into slices.
- Chop basil.
- On the bread put the first layer of mozzarella. Salt to taste. Add tomatoes, olives, peppers and basil. Put a second layer of mozzarella. Slightly salt. Top with bread, lightly press down. Cut edges.
- Dredge the sandwich in flour, dip in beaten eggs. Coat in crispy breadcrumbs.
- Pun in fridge for an hour. Fry in large quantities of cooking oil for frying. Flip and fry on the other side. Put on a paper towel.