Apple milk cake with caramel pouring, almond sprinkling and roses from apple chips. Deliciously tender apple caramel cake: just a few ingredients, but what a great result! This simple cake recipe will bring you many compliments. This is a wonderful, easy to make and low calorie cake that is diet friendly and healthy.
APPLE CARAMEL CAKE
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
4 Eggs room temperature
150 g Sugar
145 g Butter
1 tbsp. of Almond extract
115 g plain Flour
500 ml of Milk
Caramel and decoration:
140 g Sugar
70 ml Water
140 ml Whipping Cream
20 g Butter
1 tsp Almond Extract
30 g Almond Petals
1. Prepare the apples
- Peel 3 apples, cut into quarters, remove the core and seeds and cut them into thin slices.
- Put apples into the pan without oil, add 30 g of sugar, mix. Fry over medium heat until soft and then add 20 g of butter and a pinch of salt. Fry until golden 3-4 minutes, leave to cool.
2. Prepare the dough
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, eggs should be at room temperature. Put the yolks in a large bowl, add 120 g of sugar and 1 tbsp. of almond extract, beat with a mixer until the dough is lush. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Melt 125 g of butter in a water bath and leave to cool.
- Slightly heat 500 ml of milk, no need to boil, the milk should be warm.
- Add warm (NOT HOT) melted butter to the mixture of eggs and sugar, continuing to mix. Sift 115 grams of flour with a pinch of salt. Add to the dough, continuing to beat. When the dough becomes homogeneous, add warm (NOT HOT) milk.
- Beat the egg whites to a dense foam, using a mixer, gradually add them to the dough, gently stirring.
3. Making the cake
- Preheat oven to 160C degrees.
- Put cooking paper on the bottom of the form (18x24cm, or 20-22 cm in diameter), then grease the cooking paper and the sides of the form, sprinkle with flour. Put the apples on the bottom of the form, gently pour the dough on the apples.
- Bake the cake at 160C degrees for 55-60 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature (at least 4 hours).
- Pass the knife between the cake and the walls of the mold (if necessary), turn the cake upside down on a plate so that the part with the apples is on top. Remove the paper from the cake.
4. Making the caramel
- Heat 140 ml of whipping cream, they should be hot, add 1 tsp almond extract.
- Pour into a small saucepan 70 ml of water, bring to a boil. Gradually add 140 g of sugar, over low heat, stirring constantly. Add a new batch of sugar when the previous sugar has dissolved. When the sugar is completely dissolved, cover with a lid, increase the heat and let it boil for 1-2 minutes, the color should turn golden. (Watch the caramel – it will overheat and become bitter in just a few seconds.)
- When the caramel turns golden, carefully add a thin stream of hot cream, continuing to stir. Remove from heat, add 3 tsp. of butter.
5. Making apple roses and decoration
- Remove the core from the apple, cut it into very thin slices, dry in the oven at 80°C for an hour. Make 4 roses from dried apple slices.
- Fry almond petals on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Chop with a knife.
- Pour the warm caramel on the cake, smoothen. Cut off the edges of the cake, sprinkle with almond petals, and decorate with roses.