Gluten free healthy and tasty low carb octopus recipe – octopus salad with lemon – oil sauce. How to cook octopus? Octopus salad with spices and sauce of lemon and olive oil – a quick recipe of Mediterranean cuisine, which will appeal to all lovers of seafood dishes.
OCTOPUS SALAD RECIPE
Ingredients ( 2 servings)
- 2 Mini Octopuses (2 x 250 g)
- 1 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery Branch
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 small Parsley bunch
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 2 Bay leaf
- Pepper Mixture
1. Cleaning the octopuses
- Remove beak and eyes. Turn and clean the head.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water, pay special attention to the suction cups on the tentacles, they have a lot of sand.
2. Cooking the octopuses
- Peel the carrot, garlic and onion. Cut the onion in half. Wash the celery. Put them all in a saucepan with water, add bay leaf and peppercorns mixture (slightly crush the pepper with a knife blade), bring water to a boil.
- Dip the tentacles of the octopus in the boiling water for 4-5 times. They will twist into spirals. It does not change their taste, but they will become more beautiful. Then dip the octopus completely into the water. Repeat for the second octopus. Cook 12 minutes
- The formula for calculating the cooking time is: For every kilogram of weight to cook for 40 minutes on low heat. So, in our case it is 10-12 minutes.
- A couple of minutes before the end of cooking add salt. Check the readiness, the meat should be easily pierced with a fork. Take away the octopuses. Cut octopuses, separating the head and cutting it lengthwise. Split the tentacles with a knife.
3. Making the sauce
- Squeeze lemon juice. Finely chop the garlic and parsley. Mix lemon juice with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Beat the sauce. Add parsley and garlic. Mix well. Serve the octopuses with sauce.
- If you want to make the sauce more delicate, do not chop the garlic clove, but cut it in half and place in olive oil for 15 minutes. The oil will flavored, then remove the garlic. Use this oil for making sauce.
- Use frozen octopuses, you will not only save yourself from unnecessary work (they are sold cleaned), but also improve your dish. Even fresh octopuses are recommended to freeze for 24 hours (after cleaning), so their meat will be much softer after cooking.
- If you use an adult octopus (more than 1 kg), then the meat of the octopus can be repulsed, so that it becomes tenderer. It will also be necessary to clean the octopus from the skin and suckers after cooking.
- You can add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to the boiling water, which will give to the octopuses a beautiful reddish tint.