Spaghetti with sauce amatriciana – Pasta sauce recipe with bacon stewed with white wine and tomatoes with parmesan – healthy dish of Mediterranean Diet. You can use bucatini, or spaghetti for this excellent Italian recipe.
PASTA AMATRICIANA RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 160g Spaghetti or Bucatini pasta
- 200 g Canned Peeled Tomatoes
- 75 g Bacon (or pancetta or smoked lardon)
- 50 g grated Pecorino Cheese (can be replaced with parmesan)
- 30 ml White Wine
- 1 small hot Chili Pepper
- Olive oil
1. Cooking the sauce amatriciana
- Take off the skin from the bacon (pancetta), cut the meat into strips.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil, fry hot pepper on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add bacon, increase the fire. Fry the meat for 2-3 minutes on high heat until golden brown. Pour the white wine, let it evaporate for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, remove meat from pan, set aside.
- Add tomatoes to a frying pan, stew on medium heat for 5 minutes, add salt and remove the pepper. Add 1/2 cup of water, simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan, stew for 2-3 minutes.
2. Making the parmesan decoration
- Preheat a frying pan without oil on low heat, add 2 tbsp. grated pecorino cheese, cook 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Turn off the fire, let cool.
3. Cooking pasta
- Boil the water, salt, put the pasta in boiling water, cook according to the instructions.
- Throw the pasta in a colander, add to the pan with the sauce, mix. Add 3 tbsp. of grated pecorino cheese, mix. Serve immediately.