Healthy low carb stir fry wok recipe with vegetables and shrimp. The wok pan allows the food to cook quickly over high heat without burning. Shrimp and vegetables cooks in a few minutes in a hot wok, so it not necessary to add a lot of oil.
WOK SHRIMP & VEGETABLES RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 200 g Shrimp (thawed)
- ½ Sweet Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Sweet Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Hot Green Pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 100 g Champignons
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Stalk of Green Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 50 g Unfrozen Fava Green Beans (1/3 Cup)
- 30 g Peanuts (1/4 Cup)
- 50 g Soya Sprouts
- 6 Pieces of Baby Corns (Canned)
- 3 tbsp. Sesame Oil (Can be replaced with Peanut or Sunflower oil)
- 3 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Chili Sauce
1. Cleaning the shrimp
- Peel the shrimp, separate the heads, remove the shell, keeping the last scale,
- Remove the insides through a small incision on the back.
2. Cut vegetables
- Clean bell peppers from the core and seeds, cut into sticks. Cut the salad onion and hot pepper into small rings obliquely. Chop the onion into slices.
- Remove a waxy outer coating of unfrozen beans.
- (If you use fresh fava beans, blanch them in boiling water for 30 seconds, and then transfer to an ice water. The waxy coating will slip right off. )
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms, and cut them in sticks. Peel the hats of mushrooms and cut into thin slices. Cut the carrot into sticks. Finely chop the garlic.
3. Making wok
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add peanuts, fry for one minute. Add peeled shrimp tails. Cook for 2 minutes, constantly shaking the wok.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, onions and chopped peppers. Fry over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beans and baby corns. Add soy and chili sauces. Stew vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the soy sprouts. Mix. Serve immediately