Healthy low carb stuffed mushroom caps with meat and cheese. This excellent French low calorie dish makes a great appetizer and party dish – or as main plate with some salad as side dish.
STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE
- 6 Button Mushrooms
- 250g Ground Beef
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp grated Emmental Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Lemon
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 2 Sprigs of Parsley
- Black Pepper and Salt
1. Preparing mushrooms
- Wash the mushrooms, peel the skin and remove the stems.
- Remove gills with a spoon.
- Bring 2l of water to a boil, salt add the lemon juice. Put the mushroom caps in the water and boil for 5 minutes. Take out and cool with the hats facing downwards.
2. Making the mix for filling
- Chop the onion and parsley.
- Fry garlic in olive oil. Take out the garlic and lightly cook the onion in the garlic-flavored oil.
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Fry on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Separately, fry cubed mushroom stems. Add salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground meat, mushroom stems, sour cream, grated cheese, egg yolk, chopped parsley, and half the breadcrumbs.
3. Making stuffed mushrooms
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mix, place in baking tray covered with cooking spray or oil.
- Cover with remaining breadcrumbs, bake 15 minutes at 200C