Beet cured Salmon with salt recipe. Cured salmon is a great low carb gluten free appetizer and ingredient for delicious sandwiches. Gravlax is salmon cold-cured in salt, sugar and pepper. Gravlax is usually served sliced thinly and accompanied by and mustard sauce.
SALMON GRAVLAX RECIPE
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 150 g Skin-on salmon fillet
- 100 g Boiled beets
- 3 tbsp Sea salt
- 1,5 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed Peppers
How to make salmon gravlax
- Grate the boiled beets on a large grater. Mix the grated beets with salt, sugar and pepper.
- Lay the salmon skin-side down in a ceramic or glass dish and cover completely with the mixture.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave the salmon in the fridge for 48 hours.
- Wash off the beet mixture, dry the fish with paper towel. Slice thinly before serving.