Gratin broccoli, romanesco and cauliflower with béchamel parmesan sauce. An excellent healthy low carb broccoli & cauliflower recipe can be served as side dish, or as diet one plate dish for dinner. Gratin is usually a variety of vegetables baked in the oven with cheese or béchamel sauce until golden brown. Try this low calorie homemade au gratin broccoli recipe from Black Pepper Chef.
GRATIN BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
- 1 small Broccoli (~ 600g)
- 1 small Cauliflower (~ 600g)
- 1 small Romanesco Cabbage (~ 600g)
- 500 ml Milk
- 100 g of Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 30 g Butter
- 4 tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
1. Cooking bechamel sauce
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, stir. Cook until golden brown, stirring constantly (2 minutes).
- Slowly add warm milk , stirring continuously to get a smooth sauce. Cook for 5-6 min stirring all the time.
- Add salt and one pinch of ground nutmeg. Add 2 tbsp. of parmesan, stir
2. Cooking cabbage
- Cut the broccoli, cauliflower and romanesco cabbage into florets.
- Boil water in a large saucepan, salt. Add cauliflower, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add romanesco cabbage, cook 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cook for 5 minutes.
- Throw cabbages into a colander.
3. Making gratin with broccoli
- Put a baking mold without a bottom and with a diameter of 18-22 cm on top of a baking sheet on a baking pan.
- Put breadcrumbs on the bottom of the form, lightly press it in. Put some béchamel on top.
- Put the cabbages on breadcrumbs, alternating between different colors. Pour hot béchamel.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C. Put a couple of small pieces of butter on top. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of parmesan. Bake another 5 minutes at 240C.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool a couple of minutes. Put on a plate. Pass the knife along the edge of the form. Carefully remove the form.