Easy snack recipe Stuffed prunes with bacon and olives – an excellent Italian starter for a picnic, party menu or buffet table. This easy recipe I found in Sicily, where it is a very popular snack. Want a bit more spice? Use olives with a spicy marinade or red pepper flakes and a small piece of cheese for filling.
PRUNES WITH BACON RECIPE
Ingredients (10 skewers)
- 20 Pitted Prunes
- 40 Pitted Green Olives (1 jar)
- 10 Slices of Unsalted Bacon (~ 150 g)
- 10 Long Wooden Skewers
- Black Pepper
- Cut bacon slices in half across. Fill the prunes with olives. Put stuffed prune on a slice of bacon. Roll it up. String roll on a skewer, securing the free part of a slice of bacon. Thread an olive on a skewer, leaving some free space. Add a second roll and olive. Prepare all skewers.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Put skewers in a frying pan, fry on all sides. Salt and pepper.
- Skewers can be served as both hot and cold appetizers.