Fried mackerel with low-calorie apple eggless mayonnaise and stewed asparagus. Yes, mayonnaise can be low fat and dietary! Juicy fish fillet, asparagus stewed in broth and flavoured apple mayonnaise – a healthy recipe for Mediterranean cuisine.
MACKEREL & ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 700 g Fresh Mackerel
- 1 Small Lemon
- Pepper Mix
- 50 ml of Olive Oil
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 300 g Asparagus
- 40 g Butter
- 2 Apples (~ 500 g)
- 100 ml of Vegetable Oil
- Black Pepper
1. Marinate mackerel
- Wash the fish, clean the belly. Cut fish into fillets.
- Put the fish on thyme sprigs in a glass or ceramic form, sprinkle with a mixture of peppers.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon. Pour olive oil into a bowl, add lemon juice, salt, whisk.
- Pour the marinade over the fish. Cover with a cling wrap. Put in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Cooking apple mayonnaise
- Remove the apple cores. Put a piece of butter inside.
- Bake in the oven until soft.
- Put the pulp of apples in a blender, salt and beat. Begin to beat, adding a thin stream of vegetable oil. Cool the mayonnaise.
3. Cooking asparagus
- Peel the asparagus. Cut the bottom of the asparagus (about 2 cm, as it is usually very hard). Chop the asparagus stems diagonally.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan. Add chopped asparagus, stew for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tops, simmer 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water or vegetable broth. Stew 3 minutes on low heat.
4. Cooking mackerel
- Pour 3 tbsp. olive oil to the pan. Put the mackerel fillet skin down, press down with a spatula.
- Turn on the fire, fry over medium heat until golden brown, salt and pepper. Flip and turn off the fire. Leave in the pan for 1 minute.
- Put apple mayonnaise on a plate, put asparagus on top. Top with mackerel fillets.