Meringue pavlova cake recipe with strawberries and healthy low-calorie cream with cream cheese. Try this beautiful low carb strawberry cake – a really healthy cake – some fresh strawberries, whipping cream, no cholesterol egg whites and cream cheese. Simple ingredients and excellent result.
PAVLOVA CAKE RECIPE
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 240 g of Sugar
- 30 g of Starch
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 50 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g White Chocolate
For cream and decoration
- 150 g cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
- 1/2 bag of vanilla sugar
- 150 ml of fresh cream
- 6 tbsp of sugar
- 500 g strawberries
- some wild berries for decoration (optional
1. Cooking meringue
- Melt black and white chocolate in a water bath. Boiling water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Let the chocolate cool.
- Beat whites into a dense foam. Gradually add sugar in three portions, continuing to beat the whites for 2-3 minutes between additions. Gently add vinegar. Continue to beat for about 10-15 minutes, until the meringue becomes dense and porous.
- Sift starch into whipped whites. Stir well with a spatula, move it upwards so that the whites do not settle down.
- Draw two circles with a diameter of 20-22 cm on a sheet of paper for baking. Turn the paper pattern down and lightly glued to the baking sheet with butter.
- Put the meringues on a baking sheet in two circles, keeping to the marked line.
- Pour dark chocolate on the meringue in a thin stream with spiral movements, pour white chocolate on top.
- Create a marble pattern with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes at 120 °C at an average level. Turn off the oven, leave the meringues to cool in the oven with the door ajar for at least 1 hour.
2. Cooking strawberries and cream
- Cut half of the strawberries into slices. Put the strawberries in the pan without oil, add 3 tbsp. of sugar, fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Leave to cool, keep the syrup. Put 2 tbsp of strawberries in a blender, whip.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar in the whipping cream, add vanilla sugar, beat until sugar dissolves. Add cream cheese, mix. Take half of the cream, add strawberries from blender, mix.
3. Assembling the cake
- Put the meringue on a serving dish, add strawberry cream, add the strawberries.
- Cover with the second meringue. Cover with white cream on top.
- Cut the remaining strawberries, decorate the cake. Decorate with some wild berries (optional). Grease the strawberries with strawberry syrup.