Spicy curry pancake with potato filling with fresh peas served with delicious healthy low calorie yoghurt sauce Raita – easy breakfast recipe inspired by Indian cuisine. Healthy eggless no baking powder pancakes dough with spiced potato filling with curry and coriander. Try this perfect low calorie breakfast recipe.
CURRY POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE
Ingredients (8 pancakes)
For the dough
- 350 g Whole-wheat Flour
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 600 g of Potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen Green Peas
- a Pinch of Chili
- 1.5 tsp of Curry
- 2.5 tsp of Coriander
- Vegetable Oil
1. Prepare the filling
- Boil potatoes without peeling. Leave to cool, clean, mash the potatoes.
- Finely chop the onion. Fry onion in 3 tbsp of vegetable oil until soft.
- Add curry, coriander, a pinch of chilli pepper to the potatoes, add salt. Add fried onion and peas (if frozen, you must first defrost). Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix.
2. Cooking pancakes
- Put whole-wheat flour and plain flour in a large bowl. Add salt, stir. Add water and knead the dough. Add 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil in the dough, mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces, roll into balls.
- Roll out one ball on the board or silicone mat and put the stuffing in the middle.
- Close the pancake so the edges overlap. Roll out the pancake with the filling to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Preheat the pan without oil over medium heat. Fry tortillas on medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove on a wire rack, let cool slightly, and then shift to a plate.