Easy recipe of strawberry Charlotte cake for breakfast. This simple healthy low carb cake with strawberries is made without any cream so this berry pie can be categorized as low-calorie dietary dessert recipe. This strawberry cake remains tasty even when cold and does not need to be kept in the refrigerator, so is ideal for picnic o pajama party.
Category: Cakes & Desserts
Servings: 8Prep Time: Cook Time:
- 250 g of Strawberries
- 140 g of Plain Flour
- 125 g of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 bag of Baking Powder* (see the notes below)
- 2 tbsp. of Vegetable Oil
- 1 bag of Vanilla Sugar
- a pinch of Salt
- Separate yolks from whites, eggs must be room temperature. Add a pinch of salt to the whites and start beating. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat. Add vanilla sugar, beat until make a thick foam (whipping time depends on the power of the mixer).
- Pour 2 tbsps of vegetable oil to the yolks, beat well.
- Add the yolks into the beaten whites in 2 times, gently mixing with a spatula from the bottom up.
- Add baking powder according to the instructions.
- Sift the flour. Gradually add flour to the dough, stirring from bottom to top with a spatula.
- Grease a detachable mould with a diameter of 24 cm. with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tbsps of flour.
- Pour the dough into the mould, smooth with a spatula.
- Cut the strawberries in half, put on the dough in random order, with the cut side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes at 180C. Leave to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.Author:
Black Pepper Chef
* A bag of baking powder means that you must see the instruction on the pack. In my country we have 2 types of baking powder: 1 bag for 500 g of flour (11g of powder in the bag), and 1 bag for 200 g of flour (11 g of powder in the bag), In this recipe we use 140 g of flour, so we need about 1/4 of the bag of first type (500/4=125g of flour) ~ 3 g of baking powder. And we need about 3/4 for the second type of baking powder (200/4=50*3=150 g of flour) in will be about ~7 g of baking powder.