Excellent low carb low calorie Italian recipe of milk apple cake. This apple cake is called “Invisible Cake” for its type of dough – practically invisible. This heathy cake is called French apple cake, or French apple pie, but in fact it was invented by the Italian sisters Simili, this recipe first appears in the book “La Buona Cucina Di Casa”.
INVISIBLE APPLE CAKE
- 1 kg of Apples
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g of Sugar
- 20 g of Butter
- 100 ml of Milk
- 70 g plain Flour
- 1 bag of Baking Powder * (see the notes below)
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- a pinch of Salt
- Break the eggs into a large bowl; beat with sugar until white foam.
- Melt the butter on low heat; gradually add the butter into the dough, continuing to beat.
- Gradually add the milk into the dough. Beat well with a mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt, add baking powder according to the package instructions.
- Sift the flour into the dough, add cinnamon, and stir well. The dough will be very liquid – it’s ok.
- Peel the apples and remove the core, cut into thin slices. Put the apples into the bowl with dough, mix well.
- Grease with butter one-piece form (18 x 24 cm, or 20-22 cm in diameter), sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Put the dough with apples into the form.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180C.
- Leave to cool completely. Cut the edges with a sharp knife. Decorate with icing sugar.
* A bag of baking powder means that you must see the instruction on the pack. In my country we have 2 types of baking powder: 1 bag for 500 g of flour (11g of powder in the bag), and 1 bag for 200 g of flour (11 g of powder in the bag), In this recipe we use 140 g of flour, so we need about 1/4 of the bag of first type (500/4=125g of flour) ~ 3 g of baking powder. And we need about 3/4 for the second type of baking powder (200/4=50*3=150 g of flour) in will be about ~7 g of baking powder.