Crispy shrimp and vegetables in no egg beer batter – delicious Tempura recipe of a prawn snack with vegetables that combines tasty shrimp with flavoured vegetables.
You can use frozen shrimp tails for this recipe, – they are easier to clean, and it will not affect the taste of the dish. Batter without eggs with beer is used most often for seafood and fish dishes – beer gives an interesting taste and a beautiful colour to the finished dish, and vegetables fried in batter preserve the vitamins.
SHRIMP TEMPURA RECIPE
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 400 g thawed Shrimp
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 4 Sprigs of Cauliflower
- 4 Sprigs of Broccoli
- 1 Lemon and 1 Lime Zest
- Wooden Skewers
- Oil for frying
For the batter
- 500 ml of Beer
- 350 g of Flour
- 1 bag of Baking Powder
- Flour for Breading
For salt with spices
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 0.5 tsp of Dried Dill
- 2 tsp. of Paprika
- 1/4 tsp of Hot Pepper
- 5 tbsp. of Salt
1. Prepare shrimp and vegetables
- Wash the shrimp; remove the head and shell, keeping the last scale. Remove the insides through the incision on the back. Strung shrimp on skewers.
- Cut zucchini in half, and then cut into sticks.
- Cut bell pepper into large pieces.
- Divide cauliflower and broccoli into small twigs.
2. Making salt with spices
- Put salt in a blender. Add all the spices, grind in a blender.
3. Making the batter
- Put 350 g of flour in a bowl, add 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Gradually add the beer, stir well.
4. Cooking shrimp and vegetables in the batter
- Heat the oil for frying in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Put some flour into a bowl, roll vegetables and shrimp in flour.
- Dip vegetables and shrimp in batter and dip in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, put on a paper towel. Fry in small portions so that the oil temperature does not decrease.
- Cook all the vegetables and shrimp, put on a plate. Sprinkle with spiced salt, grate some lemon and lime zest.