Swiss roll with fresh peaches and yoghurt cream. Very soft, juicy dietary dessert with peaches - 3 spoons of sugar for a whole roll, probably, this is the most delicious peach roulade I ever try. This fruit Swiss roll is also low-calorie - half of the cream is fruit yogurt. I used blackberries and wild berries yogurt, but you can replace it with any other or choose white yogurt without sugar. The recipe is actually very simple, you can prepare the roulade biscuit in advance, but it is better to assemble the roulade it right before serving - the structure of this sponge Swiss roll is gentle, and it is quickly soaked.
Peach Swiss Roll with Yogurt Cream
Category: Cakes & Desserts
Servings: 4-6Prep Time: Cook Time:
FOR SWISS ROLL
- 2 Large Eggs (70 g of whites and 40 g of yolks)
- 60 g of Sugar
- 50 g of Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- Powdered SugarFOR FILLING
- 250 g of Yogurt
- 200 ml of Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- 4-5 PeachesFOR SYRUP
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 50 ml of Water
- 1 tbsp Fruit Liqueur (optional)
PREPARE THE SWISS ROLL
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Fold diagonally a sheet of baking paper, cut a square. Put the paper on a baking sheet, glue with butter.
- Separate the whites from the yolks * (*try to follow the recipe, and weight the whites and yolks). Put the whites in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and start to beat with a mixer. Gradually add sugar, beat until dense peaks. Mix gently with a whisk to soften the structure of the dough. Add egg yolk, gently mix.
- Sift the flour twice, add to the dough, stirring with a spatula.
- Transfer the dough into a pastry bag with a 1 cm nozzle. Place the dough on paper in strips along the fold and parallel to each other on a short distance**. (** The distance between the strips must be maximum 5 mm. Try to fill the bag tightly, without bubbles, otherwise, it will be difficult to make strips. Leave 1-1.5 cm at the beginning and end of each strip. The dough in the recipe is calculated for the square ~ 30x30 cm).
- Sprinkle the dough with powdered sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 3-4 minutes at 200°C, then 8-10 minutes at 180°C. Remove from the oven with paper and cool on a wire rack.PREPARE THE CREAM AND SYRUP
- Pour the yogurt into a small colander, leave to stand in the fridge for 4-5 hours, (preferably overnight).
- Beat whipping cream with sugar until dense foam. Add drained yogurt, add lemon zest (optional). Stir well.
- For the syrup, put the sugar in a small saucepan, add water, boil over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Leave to cool, add 1 tbsp of liqueur (optional).
- Cut peaches into small slices.ASSEMBLING THE ROULADE
- When the roll is completely cool, cover it with a clean towel or another sheet of paper and turn it over. Carefully remove the paper from the back side.
- Smear the roll with syrup, put the cream, smooth with a spatula. Put the peaches on the cream. Raise the front edge of the paper and roll up the roulade*** (*** If the roll is hard and does not fold, wait for a little when the dough is sufficiently soaked so it becomes softer and it can be rolled up). Leave in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.Author:
Black Pepper Chef
Assemble the roll right before serving, do not keep it in the refrigerator for a long time – the sponge biscuit will soften and the roll will lose its shape.