Thin veal escalope wrapped with prosciutto crudo ham and a sage leaf. How to cook veal or beef chops in a new way? Try this simple flavoured Italian recipe – an exceptionally healthy dish – lean veal, jerked ham and fresh sage – high-quality products and simple recipes – this is the core of the Mediterranean diet.
Saltimbocca in the Roman dialect means “Jump into my mouth” – so juicy and fragrant. The dish is so popular in Italy, that is even a sonnet devoted to it.
And yes, the saltimbocca is eaten straight with a sage leaf – it is he who gives the whole dish its unique taste.
Thin veal escalope wrapped with prosciutto crudo ham and a sage leaf. How to cook veal or beef chops in a new way? Try this simple flavoured Italian recipe - an exceptionally healthy dish - lean veal, jerked ham and fresh sage - high-quality products and simple recipes - this is the core of the Mediterranean diet.
Veal Chops Recipe - Saltimbocca Alla Romana
Category: Main Dish
- 300 g Veal (pulp) (5 slices)
- 50 g Prosciutto Ham (5 slices)
- 10 Sage Leaves
- 50 g Butter
- 100 ml White Wine
- 50 g Flour
- 20 ml Water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Clean the slices of veal of fat. Put on a sheet of paper for baking or cling film and lightly tenderize. Cut each slice into 2 pieces.
- Put some ham on a slice of veal. Top with a sage leaf and secure with a toothpick. Prepare all the pieces. Roll in flour ONLY from the bottom side. Heat olive oil and 40 g of butter over medium heat in a pan. Put the slices in the pan with the leaf up. Slightly increase the heat, fry until golden brown on one side. Add pepper, DO NOT salt.
- Add white wine, let it evaporate. As soon as the alcohol is evaporated, cover with a lid and cook for another 1 minute. Remove the chops from the pan on a warm plate, REMOVE the toothpicks.
- Add 10 g of butter and 20 ml of water into a frying pan, in which chops were fried. Leave to boil for a few minutes on average heat, the sauce will be slightly creamy.Author: