Cherry Сlafoutis – low-calorie French milk cherry pie. Light and juicy cherry cake – and how easy it is to cook it! According to this recipe, you can cook clafouti with cherries, sour cherries, apricots or currants – choose fruits and berries with sourness – the taste of the cake will be much better. Сlafoutis is probably the best idea for dessert for the summer – a very simple recipe, available ingredients, and, not the least, this fruit cake is very tasty even cold. Cherry lover? Try our Meringue Cherry Pavlova Cake, or Chocolate Cherry Black Forest Cake.
Cherry Сlafoutis - low-calorie French milk cherry pie. Light and juicy cherry cake - and how easy it is to cook it! According to this recipe, you can cook clafouti with cherries, sour cherries, apricots or currants - choose fruits and berries with sourness - the taste of the cake will be much better.
Cherry Clafoutis Cake
Category: Cakes & Desserts
- 3 small Eggs (small), or 2 medium
- 80 g Sugar
- 70 g Flour
- 160 ml Milk
- 600 g Cherry (sour cherry), fresh or canned
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- A pinch of SaltFOR THE FORM
- 10 g Butter
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Remove pits from cherries (strain canned cherries).
- Break eggs (room temperature) into a bowl, add sugar. Beat until the mixture turns white and approximately doubles in volume.
- Add sifted flour and a pinch of salt. Beat a little more with a mixer. Gradually add milk and 1 tsp of vanilla essence, stirring with a whisk. Add brandy, mix well.
- Grease a form with a diameter of 25 cm with butter, sprinkle with 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Put the cherries in the form. Gently pour the dough.
- Bake until golden brown for about 45 minutes at 160°C (the time is for the ventilated oven. For the static oven, baking time is about 55 minutes at 180°C).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.Author: